Enrolling at Phoebe Hearst
SCUSD Students wishing to attend Phoebe Hearst’s Basic Program must apply through the district’s Open Enrollment Process. Phoebe Hearst staff will then determine if applicants meet the Basic Program criteria. Students who meet criteria will then be lotteries through the district’s Open Enrollment Office.
Open Enrollment Dates
Online open enrollment: Tuesday, February 1, 2022 – February 15, 2022
- Phoebe Hearst Wait-list for grades not available through open enrollment and for out of district students will be available through the district’s Intra/Inter district permit process. Permits will be accepted April 1-May 3, 2022. Permits will be available online at www.scusd.edu/enrollment-center-k-12
- Phoebe Hearst Kinder Assessment – Saturday, February 26, 2022 (Assessment takes about 20 minutes. Please sign in 10 minutes prior to your time slot. We will contact you to schedule your assessment approximately two weeks after you apply for open enrollment.)
- Notification letters go out April 1, 2022. If you have not received a letter by April 4, 2022 contact the Enrollment Center at 916-643-2400.
- Open Enrollment registration dates: Mid-April
- Phoebe Hearst students selected through open-enrollment will register through the Enrollment Center. www.scusd.edu/enrollment-center-k-12
- New student Ice Cream Social – August TBD, 2022
Enrollment Procedures 2022
For information on how to expedite the Open Enrollment Process: http://www.scusd.edu/open-enrollment-k-8
The Kindergarten schedule is an Extended Day Program, 8:00 a.m. – 12:40 p.m.