The Phoebe Hearst jog-a-thon is back for 2020!!
Though we cannot all be together on campus, we invite all our dragons to run together virtually for the 2020 virtual jog-a-thon the week of NOVEMBER 9-13!
- All students (K-6th) can run as far as they can in 15-minutes (consistent with past jog-a-thons).
- Students can run around a park, their neighborhood, their driveway, a parking lot, etc. – anywhere that is safe and convenient to run for 15-minutes.
- For the 6th graders, we invite anyone who would like to run, in addition to their 15-minutes, a mile as fast as they can!
- We encourage students to make this year’s jog-a-thon a family effort :-)
Prizes Prizes Prizes…
- Students will be eligible for Phoebe gear prizes based on what they fundraise.
- Click here for a pledge sheet for students to keep track of donations. Please include this with all returned cash/check donations. All donations are due by 8am on October 19.
- We will distribute all the jog-a-thon swag to students (likely the week of Nov 2 via drive-through pick-up at school).
Everyone’s a winner! But if you want bragging rights…
- All students are welcome to track their distances (and mile times for 6th graders) using any means available to them (a campus track, stop watch, Garmen, race tracker apps, etc.) and report them back to us via this form by end of the day on November 13.
- Phoebe Hearst PTO will track winners by grade (honoring the honor system) and will post on Phoebe’s facebook page and give shout outs in the Principal’s email.
- Sixth grade mile winners (top 3 fastest runners) will receive special trophies (porch drop off after the race).
We need your help designing the jog-a-thon shirt…
- If your student would like to submit a design for the jog-a-thon shirt, submit artwork (up to 3 colors) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 9.
Send us your pics!
- If your family is comfortable submitting pictures of your student’s jog-a-thon run, we encourage students to run in their jog-a-thon shirts – show us what you’ve got!
- We can use those pics in the 2020-2021 yearbook.