Dear Phoebe Parents and Families:
Thank you again for your continued patience as we navigate through this unprecedented COVID-19 crisis. We realize that our students have had a major disruption in their educational process. We appreciate your support and patience while we work through these uncertain times together.
On April 10th, we will provide computers to students at the front of our school. We will provide one computer per family at this time.
Information about computer pick-up:
DATE: Friday, April 10th
TIME: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
We will use a drive-through style check-out system. Please see instructions for pick-up below.
PICK-UP LOCATION: Front of school. This will be a drive-up pick up. Please stay in your car. One of our Phoebe staff will bring the computer to you. If possible, please print and sign the Student Acceptable Use of Technology Agreement. If you are unable to print and sign at home, please bring your own pen to fill out a copy at the time of pick-up.
- 9:00 – 10:00 – Last names A-L of families who indicated they needed a laptop by communicating the need to teacher or principal.
- 10:00 – 11:00 – Last names M-Z of families who indicated they needed a laptop by communicating the need to teacher or principal.
- 11:00 -12:00 – All other families needing a device.
SITE SPECIFIC INFO:
We will deploy one sanitized computer to every family who does not have access to a device at home for remote online learning opportunities. If your student(s) already has access to a device at home, we ask that you not pick up a computer as our distance learning program will be supported on any computer operating system.
When picking up your student’s computer, please:
- Parents/Guardians/Those Listed as Emergency Contacts: Bring an ID and have your student’s school ID or ID number available.
- Drivers: Remain in your vehicles and wait patiently to be served for safety and social distancing.
- Walkers: If you must walk, please keep and adhere to the 6-foot distance rule as you approach the check-out station.
Those checking out the device must review our Annual Parent and Student Rights Notification and Standards of Behavior, and sign the Student Acceptable Use of Technology Agreement (Spanish Version – needs to be downloaded and attached)
We realize internet / Wi-Fi connectivity at home will be essential to the distance learning experience. More information for free and affordable internet service for our community can be found at: https://internetessentials.com/
Please visit our website if your student needs assistance re-setting their Infinite Campus / Clever password: https://www.scusd.edu/student-online-tools. You can also email our support desk at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, we appreciate your patience and partnership as we navigate this unprecedented crisis.