CLICK HERE to download the October Royal Reader Log
The Phoebe Hearst ROYAL READER program is a school wide reading incentive program. Royal Reader is designed to challenge and reward all students for their extraordinary efforts towards improving their reading skills. This 4 level, tiered, reading incentive program comes with reward. The more you read, the more you win.
Here are the award levels:
- Free Throw: Opportunity to buy discounted tickets (for the reader & friends/family) to the Phoebe Hearst Royal Reader night at the Sacramento Kings game (vs. the 76ers) on Tuesday March 24, 2015
- 2 Pointer: Sacramento Kings SWAG BAG, PLUS discounted tickets to the game on Tues. March 24, 2015
- 3 pointer: Specialty designed Phoebe Hearst Royal Reader T-shirt (that can be worn to the game AND as a school uniform option), PLUS Kings SWAG BAG, & discounted tickets to the game on Tues. March 24, 2015
- Slam Dunk: FREE admission to Sacramento Kings game (vs. the 76ers) on Tuesday March 24, 2015 for the Slam Dunk Reader! PLUS, the Royal Reader Shirt, Kings Swag bag, and more discounted tickets to the game.
- The TOP* reader at the school will be the ball boy/ball girl at the Kings game against the 76ers.
- The TOP 20* readers will be the HIGH 5 CREW to greet the players as they enter the court at the Kings game!
- *The top readers will be determined by a percentage over goals, every student will have an equal chance to win!
All students are encouraged to participate. You MUST turn in your monthly logs to participate!
This reading program runs October 9, 2014 – February 9, 2015. The program will culminate with a Phoebe Hearst Royal Reader Night at a Sacramento Kings game (vs. the 76ers) on Tuesday March 24, 2015
Minutes read OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL are counted in this program! So, record the minutes read outside of school on each day. All students will receive reading logs in the packet distributed at the end of each month. These logs will be taken home, filled out during the month, and then returned to their classroom during the first week of the following month. Please total your minutes read each month. Total minutes towards reading goals will be tracked by the school.
Phoebe Hearst students have a proven track record of excellent reading skills. These skills should be rewarded! Students will also be motivated to take their reading to the next level.
Read every day and record the total minutes read per day on the reading log. Turn in the reading logs EVERY month to your teacher, and watch your reading soar! Total program reading goals (October 9th – February 9th) are tiered into 4 reward levels and are defined by grade level, so all students will have an equal chance to succeed!
Free Throw – 1200 min (~300/m0)
2 Pointer – 1600 min (~400/mo)
3 Pointer – 2000 min (~500/mo)
Slam Dunk – 2400 min (~600/mo)
Free Throw – 1600 min (~400/m0)
2 Pointer – 2000 min (~500/mo)
3 Pointer – 2400 min (~600/mo)
Slam Dunk – 2800 min (~700/mo)
Free Throw – 2000 min (~500/m0)
2 Pointer – 2400 min (~600/mo)
3 Pointer – 2800 min (~700/mo)
Slam Dunk – 3200 min (~800/mo)
Free Throw – 2400 min (~600/m0)
2 Pointer – 2800 min (~700/mo)
3 Pointer – 3200 min (~800/mo)
Slam Dunk – 3600 min (~900/mo)
Free Throw – 2800 min (~700/m0)
2 Pointer – 3200 min (~800/mo)
3 Pointer – 3600 min (~900/mo)
Slam Dunk – 4000 min (~1000/mo)
Free Throw – 3200 min (~800/m0)
2 Pointer – 3600 min (~900/mo)
3 Pointer – 4000 min (~1000/mo)
Slam Dunk – 4400 min (~1100/mo)
Free Throw – 3600 min (~900/m0)
2 Pointer – 4000 min (~1000/mo)
3 Pointer – 4400 min (~1100/mo)
Slam Dunk – 4800 min (~1200/mo)